Toyota's electronic throttle, and..

Followups set because you post to a.a.h and then dumped it for a followup.

Thus spake chuckcar :

When you say ROM you mean PROM, right? One doesn't "flash" ROM, one fabs it. As in a ROM is hard silicon with no programmable features.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake "Stewart" :

It is quite possible that the fault lay not in the part but in the instalation. Say a harness connection that wasn't 100% solid or some such. Do you know for absolute fact that the replacement replacement really was a "new" (likely rebuilt) tranny? It could also have been an issue of a bad rebuild.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Dillon Pyron wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I stopped doing followup-to headers in this group with a short number of groups at the request of another poster here - specifically the very person I was replying to. Three groups that are pretty closely related is not something one needs to worry about in that regard anyways IMHO.

The term ROM refers to EAPROMS, PROMS (that you erase with UV light) and hardwired ROMS that can't be erased. PROMS can only be written to by completely erasing them and re-writing the whole ROM. That's completely different from RAM, where you can modify any byte or bit.

Reply to
chuckcar