Repairing door lock actuator

Good morning!

The L/H front door lock actuator on my 1991 Accord is broken. I removed it hoping that the problem would be dirty contacts. Instead, I found a tiny spring had broken through its plastic "pocket" on what appears to be a clutch mechanism (a spring-and-ball affair I suppose.) Has anyone here tried repairing one of these, or do I need to spring for a new actuator? I expect this to be an expensive item if the dealer has it; none of the online Honda parts dealers list it any more.

It is item #25 on the parts diagram, here:

Thanks

-Mark

Reply to
Mark G.

You're correct in that it will likely cost you dearly IF you can find a NOS at some dealer or... wrecking yard time, Mark. Most of the larger yards have internet access to the others inventory. You might get lucky.

Reply to
Dddudley

Majestic Honda lists the entire lock assembly (assuming this an an LX with passive seat belts) for $221 for the L/H side (R/H is only $192).

--Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz

Yes, this would be the "dearly" that another poster spoke of. :-(

Reply to
Mark G.