When the yellow sign show up, what?

I have used this accord 92 for a few year. The front panel in the "maintenance required" box next to odormeter appeared the yellow sign last week (it normally was green). It still runs regularly without any problem. Does anybody know what I need to do (beside bring it to a machanician)?

Reply to
Jame

Re-set it with the ignition key see owners manual.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

You're on the right track. Nothing is wrong with your car. It is just a reminder to have the routine service done. The service depends on what is due, but always includes oil change.

There is no hurry - go ahead and do your usual driving. But do get it scheduled for the service. After a while the indicator will turn red - still nothing wrong but a reminder that the service can't be put off indefinitely.

While you are having that done, have the mechanic determine when the timing belt was last changed. There may be an entry in your owner's manual, or you may have a receipt if you keep the car service records all together, or you may remember having to pay for it (the timing belt replacement isn't cheap.) Replacement of the timing belt every 90K miles is critical to keeping your car running. They will go beyond 90K miles (I was spooked to find the otherwise well-maintained '93 Accord I bought for my daughter had the original timing belt at 163K miles), but it becomes a bit more of a gamble every month. If the timing belt fails, your engine will probably be destroyed.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

"Jame" wrote: > I have used this accord 92 for a few year. The front panel in > the "maintenance required" box next to odormeter appeared the > yellow sign last week (it normally was green). It still runs > regularly without any problem. Does anybody know what I need > to do (beside bring it to a machanician)?

Thank you, Mike and Tom.

Reply to
Jame