Wierd Magnetic Fields?

the yellow digital one with the 2 rubber

driving in a circle and it compensates for

The digital is far less affected by it.

Here's an update... Bought the digital from sears. Originally placed it near the left side of the windshield, at the edge. It had very similar problems to the analog.

Placed it in the center of the Windshield, so it is visible just below the rear-view mirror, calibarated it, and it is perfect. The analog in this position still showed ENE at all times.

So, now, I am a happy camper... ;-)

Thanks, everyone, for your input.

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

Joe, Here is the webpage of the manufacturer of my compass which I bought at = =

Sears. I have the VT220 model and it is great.

'm fairly certain the one you posted is about the same.Good Luck you will love it.RickaTTic

Reply to
RickaTTic

That's the one! Works great. Thanks for the tip!

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

I'm happy to hear it is working for you. I mounted my compass just under the rear view mirror maybe 5 inches down. Drove in a circle and calibrated and Perfect! You will notice that going under large metal overpasses the degrees will change and the direction sometimes. This is normal due to the large affect of a big mass of metal. I've spent a lot of bux over the last

5-10 years and my wife always laughs at my quest for a working car compass. Now finally my quest has been fulfilled LoL. Have Fun... RickaTTic

Reply to
RickaTTic

Not so weird problem. I would guess there is two speakers in the dash(one on each side) and maybe one in the middle. Speakers have magnets .need I say more

Reply to
Dick