01 Tiburon starting problems

I bought my 2001 Tiburon used about 2 1/2 years ago. periodicaly sense I have had the car it will start funny. It will start on the first turn of the key but I have to keep the key turned a little longer occasionaly till it's started. There is not patteren either. It will do this when it's good or bad weather; when the engine is warm or cold. I can be out running around turning the car on and off several times and then bam it will start funny. I have taken it in the the dealership several times over the past year to 1 1/2 years. The waranty just expired! I'm at 62,400 miles (I'm considering buying the expended warenty. would anyone recomend that?) The dealership has tryed fixing several things on it to see if it will fix it. They have replaced the fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump. I have have the fuel system cleaned out and a new fuel filter put in. It seems to do it a little less sense the new fuel pump but it will still do it about once a month. Before it was once every week or two. I love this car but I'm afraid that one day it will leave me stranded. (I hate it when that happens). Does anyone have any suggestions at all? Is it just a quark or is there something wrong?

Reply to
moe6

Does the engine crank at normal speed when it cranks for a longer period of time?

When the problem occurs, how long must you continue cranking before the car will start?

Reply to
hyundaitech

My car engine cranks at normal speed, it just takes and extra second or two to crank. Once it's started it acts normal.

Reply to
moe6

If it's only taking an extra one or two seconds, this could be a fairly normal variation.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I hope that it is a normal varation. It doesn't always sound so normal.

Reply to
moe6

i have the same pb with my accent 3drs, is there anyone how could help me resolve this. it will be apprecied, thanks moe6 a =E9crit :

Reply to
Accent98