02 Elantra Seat Rails

I've been experiencing a slight rocking in the drivers seat and I brought in my car for the 60 K service today and they said that they would need to replace the seat adjustor assembly and rails. Part 88500 2D 151OH at a cost of $836 not including labour. Worst of all it is NOT covered under warranty.

I'm going to put a call to the Hyundai Canada and find out what's up with that. I may not get anywhere but at least I can complain.

Reply to
DanMan

Jody

For that matter, you can get a nice aftermarket seat, rails and all, for less than that price.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Is this kind of pricing typical of Hyundai dealer parts? Are we paying for that warranty after it expires?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Steinfeld

I don't know about Canada, but prices for typical repair parts in the US seem pretty reasonable to me.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Reply to
DanMan