03 Tiburon question - starter?

I have had the worst luck with my 03 Tiburon ever since I bought it. I bought it pre-owned and discovered that the warranty doesn't cover much. I had to replace the clutch and flywheel shortly after purchase. I went with aftermarket parts. 2 months later I had to replace the transmission due to damage from the original clutch failure. Now the car will not crank once again, to me and others who have heard the car it sounds like the starter... but after going through 3 different starters from Advance and AutoZone but the problem persist. One you turn the ignition it sounds like the engine wants to turn over but the bendix drive is not catching the flywheel.. I am out of options and forced to once again tow this car back to the dealership. Any ideas on what could be wrong before I shell out more money with the dealer? Thanks.

Reply to
Dean

They're possibly giving you the wrong starter. It's also possible the flywheel is damaged.

Reply to
hyundaitech