15K AC refrigerant check

Hyundaitech, if you have a minute. I was running through the 15,000 mile check list today for my 06 Sonata and it is straightforward other than the air conditioning refrigerant check. I assume this isn't a pressure test, but I wasn't sure what this was. I've had some cars that had a sight glass. Can you tell me what Hyundai requires be checked with respect to AC refrigerant?

Thanks, Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

I can't imagine what they'd be requiring and why. There's nothing in the system that requires maintenance.

If you flip the a/c on and it blows appropriately cold, then I'd believe the refrigerant level is as close to the proper level as it needs to be.

Reply to
hyundaitech

That was my thought also, but this is specifically listed in the owner's manual as a required check.

Thanks, Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting