2000 Accent timing belt diagram?

Can anyone provide me with a diagram for a 2000 Accent? I need to know what degrees to place the top gear markers. And also, if anyone can tell me how to tell if the first piston is fully up when I can not fit a findeg down far enough into the hole to tell? Please help I have tried to go to

but thepage can not be found (error message 404). Thank you.--Red, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Red

If your timing belt has broke, you probably have some bent valves as the Hyundai engine is an interference design.

If the belt hasn't broken, it's quite simple to rotate the engine around and see the alignment marks go into alignment. When they align, the engine is at TDC.

Reply to
Screwtape III

I just tried your link and it works. I suspect the page was down when you tried before.

There's a hole in the cam sprocket which aligns with a mark on the front cam bearing cap. There's also a tit on the front case which aligns with a divot in the crank sprocket.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks for the help. I am still having difficulty getting to the link, something seems to be creating an error as the page loads and my explorer is closed but the info you all left is helpful and appreciated very much.

--Red

Reply to
Red