2000 Accent transaxle gear oil change

Changed the gear oil today.Hardest part was getting under the car to open the drainplug.Loosened both the filler and drain plug then hand tightened and took the car out to warm up the oil.Opened and drained the oil,as it drained I got an empty gear oil container with a pointed spout Transferred the Redline MTL oil into the empty container Got a long piece of clear tubing and put one end into the filler from the engine compartment.*MAKE SURE YOU PUT THE DRAIN PLUG IN BEFORE FILLING.Then put the other end of the tubing onto the spout as tight as it would go.Squeezed the bottle till it collapse,took the tube off to let air in and repeated till the bottle was empty.Did the same with the MT90.Took a hair more than 2 quarts.Put filler plug back in from the top of the engine compartment (17MM offset box wrench) and closed the hood.I used a crescent wrench for the drain plug but I'm guessing it's a 24MM.

RIPPER FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE! BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA SPORT TOURING!

Reply to
CBX2

Why did you mix MTL and MT90?

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

It's what I had on hand from my Nissan hardbody.I called Redline aand they said it would be fine,but NOT to use the 75-90 gear oil I had instead.