2000 Sonata - slight lurch

I have a 2000 Sonata 4 cylinder model and I've noticed in the last week or so that there is a very slight, almost imperceptible lurch when driving along around 50-55 kilometers per hour (I'm Canadian so I don't use miles in my lingo).

The lurch isn't when its shifting gears, just driving along. As I mentioned its so slight and it happens so quick that I don't even have time to glance down at my guages but I don't notice the rpms or speed changing in these small lurches. I do have my air on all the time and I tried a couple of times with the air off and for those little experiments, it didn't happen.

Could the extra load of the air conditioning cause this or is it a coincidence? Or is this a symptom of a bigger problem. I hope Hyundaitech can help with this but all other opinions would be welcome.

Thanks

Reply to
hickorysticks

Oh and by the way, I have no check engine lights on my dash come on at all, if that helps or matters.

Reply to
hickorysticks

It's entirely possible that the a/c compressor is cycling on or off, causing the condition you describe. Play around with the a/c some more to try to determine whether that's the cause. At the appropriate speed, you may even be able to switch the a/c on/off and make the condition occur.

Reply to
hyundaitech