Where is Fuel Filter in 09 Versa Hatchback?

I just bought an 09 Nissan Versa Hatchback. The manual says the fuel filter is "in the fuel tank and is a maintenance-free item", i.e. never change it.

I heard from a mechanic that it is located near the fuel pump, and is accessible under the back seat, from inside the car.

Anyone know if this is correct, and how does one remove the back seat in the 09 Versa HB ??

Thanks

Reply to
TheHorror

The manual is correct, it is part of the fuel pump and does not need servicing.

Your "mechanic" does not have a clue as to what he's talking about.

Reply to
NissTech

replying to TheHorror, Josh wrote: The seat just pulls up, take one hand on either side and lift and it will pop up. But I just changed a fuel pump, and yes you do not need to replace the filter, EVER...

Reply to
Josh