2002 Santa Fe door lock problems

My 2002 Santa Fe started having problems yesterday. When I use the key fob to lock the doors all of the doors lock except the front passenger door, then the lights start to flash and stop and then start again. If I lock the doors with the key all of the doors lock except for the front passenger door, I can manually lock it but then the suv starts making noises like it is locking and unlocking itself. The only to disable either problem is the disconnect the battery so it does not die.

Reply to
carol

It sure sounds like a bad Door Lock Actuator. Maybe the resident Hyundai tech will confirm. As a test, take the screw out of the door open/close switch and see what happens. The screw serves as a ground for the switch. I solved a similar problem by replacing the screw with a plastic one. Maybe I should say I worked around the problem

My 2002 Santa Fe started having problems yesterday. When I use the key fob to lock the doors all of the doors lock except the front passenger door, then the lights start to flash and stop and then start again. If I lock the doors with the key all of the doors lock except for the front passenger door, I can manually lock it but then the suv starts making noises like it is locking and unlocking itself. The only to disable either problem is the disconnect the battery so it does not die.

Reply to
Partner