2003 Santa Fe

I have been noticing that my 2003Santa Fe makes a dieseling sound when I accelerate on the gas especially around 35 to 45 miles an hour. This also happens when I drive up a hill. The car has nearly 57,000 miles on it. I was wondering what this possibly could be. Beyond this problem, the car rides great and has never had a problem. I have a 3.5 V-6 engine.

Reply to
dreherjc

My guess would be that its pinging because of poor quality fuel

Reply to
Dave

The 3.5 seems more susceptible to spark knock than the other engines. If the spark knock happens briefly and goes away, it's probably normal. If it tends to remain and continue, you probably need to investigate whether there's a problem.

Possible issues would be the knock sensor, EGR system, or anything that would cause the engine to run excessively hot.

Reply to
hyundaitech