2004 Accent, what battery size?

Hi. I've been searching online for a replacement battery but none of the auto parts websites seem to stock it. I would just like to know the size so I can pick one up locally at Costco or Walmart. Hyundai online does have it for $56 but I can't believe it's so unique that i'd have to go through the dealer at twice the cost. Thanks, Bob.

Reply to
Bob

I just looked at what batteries for some small cars cost. $56 is cheap. I'd go for that. Autozone.com says the Accent battery is a size

121R, but Googling that doesn't come up with much.

This link might help with an equivalent:

Double-check terminal locations though.

Reply to
Raoul

I just went through the same issue on my '04 Accent. My local battery dealer (a chain, actually) told me it was a 121R and said he didn't carry it and also that there was a note about "difficult install" on that application. I ended up biting the bullet and going with the dealer. They charged me $63.78 labor for battery install and $86.17 for an "Interstate" battery...

Dirk Austin, TX

Reply to
!bungle

And I just repaced the battery in my wife's girlfriends car- 2000 Sonata. Our dealer gets them from Interstate and the delivery guy slaps on the Hyundai sticker right there at the dealership!!!

Reply to
Steve R.