2005 elanra 4 cyl

Is subject car a interference engine. Is timing belt rubber or chain? Thank you, Seamus J. Wilson

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

I believe it is a interference engine, I know it has a timing belt.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Yes, this IS an interference engine with a timing belt.

For some reason, I want to add the word, "sorry."

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

It's an interference engine with a rubber belt. The warranty requires the belt to be changed at 60K miles.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

Where I live, replacing a timing belt on an Elantra is not that expensive ($250 Canadian, including taxes).

Reply to
Ghislain

you must be in Montreal.

Reply to