2005 Sonata; Free 34-point inspection

Have received an offer from HYUNDAI for a free 34-point inspection.

This offer is courtesy of the dealer that sold me the car.

My 2005 Sonata has 11,000 miles on it and runs quite well.

Has anyone been through one of these "FREE 34-point inspection" ?

If so, do you have any comments ?

-Sonata driver

Reply to
Sonata driver

Just be up front and tell them that you will pay 'nothing' for the service. They love to charge for 'fluids and greases' and 'shop supplies'. I got a free oil change but it still cost me what I would have paid at a local shop.

Reply to
Tom

I had one of these when I had my '01 Accent's timing belt replaced at my dealer's. The inspection came out clean (they found nothing wrong), and I received a document that itemized the stuff they checked.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Wong

There's no gimmick here other than the dealer mostly looking for things to fix (and make money on). Do not allow them to charge shop supplies or any other fees. (I've not heard of any cases of this where the repair bill was otherwise zero).

I think you'll find it's a friendly experience and the dealer will view it as a chance to impress you and hopefully earn your business.

Reply to
hyundaitech