2005 XG350

At 5K miles the check light just came on. What problems ignite this lamp? Thank you, Seamus J. Wilson

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

Bad oxygen sensors, loose fuel cap and several other things. You'll need to get the car scanned to know what the codes are.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

Seamus, I too have a 2005 XG350L and with 4000 miles and 7 months old ( 2 weeks ago ) my check engine light also came on , I asked here and only got smart assed answers to my question as I thought a BRAND NEW CAR should not have the light come on, I understand even new parts fail and was just asking a simple question. Do what I did, I took the gas cap off and put it back on, made sure it clicked 9 or 10 times and then called the dealer to have it checked. Well the next day the light went off and 2 days later I called the dealer and cancelled the appointment. I figured 100 miles is a long way to drive to have them tell me the gas cap wasnt on tight. If the light comes back on I WILL take it to the dealer and have it checked but as of right now, 2 tanks of gas later it still hasnt come back on. I think that some people here, if they dont have any idea what thier talking about but just like to see thier names in lights....... OK let the FLAMEING BEGIN !!!!!

Tunez

Reply to
Tunez

The dealer is only partially correct. The lamp will not go back out until three consecutive tests and passes on whatever item was causing the lamp (too many to list). And the error code will be retained in memory for an even longer period. The dealer will clear the lamp with their scan tool. If the dealer isn't clsoe, I'd recommend doing what tunez did. Make sure your fuel cap is on securely and properly and drive the car for a few days. If it's still on, chances are you haven't corrected the issue.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

The engine computer. The chances are it needs resetting. That is part of the factory warranty, and the dealer will resolve it without charge.

Before buy> At 5K miles the check light just came on. What problems ignite this lamp? > Thank you,

Reply to
Kent Hoffman