2013 Elantra Limited, odd noise

Sometimes when I start the car I hear a kind of "whirring" sound, this increases in pitch as if something is winding up, so to speak. The sound disappears after several seconds, and does not occur at every start. Anyone have an idea what this might be? The car only has 4k miles on it. Thanks.

Reply to
MelFranks

It's your alternator.

Reply to
dsi1

It's the oil flowing through the passages in the timing cover as the pressure builds up.

Reply to
hyundaitech

No. It's my mother in law. She sits in the back seat. She loves pepperoni pizzas but they don't go down so good. You should hear when she belches.

Reply to
Richard Steinfeld

What the heck is she doing in the OP's back seat? Come to think of it, that's not such a bad idea. I'd be even willing to pay for all shipping costs for that deal.

Reply to
dsi1