99 Sonata "check engine" light

Hello,

My wife was driving the car the other evening (after we just got back from a 250 mile round trip) and the "check engine" light came on. The car still drove perfectly and started fine. I took it to Autozone yesterday to pull the engine codes, they hooked the scanner up and they kept getting a "link failed" message... I ended up clearing the code(s) by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery and the code(s) have not reappeared.

The vehicle is the v6 model and I just replaced the fuel regulator, spark plugs (Bosch Platinum +2)- along with the intake manifold gasget, and changed oil/filter last week. It has 60k miles on it now... any ideas? thanks

Reply to
99trooper

Jody

I don't have much help to offer without a code. Try a different Auto Zone. Some scan tools have difficulty communicating with some vehicles.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I don't know about your theory with the spark plugs... Bosch wouldn't make them if they didn't work. Besides, It seems to run much better now that I pulled the champion platinums that the dealer installed 7k miles ago.

I reset the code, and still hasn't come back yet.

Reply to
99trooper

i use Bosch Plat. plus 4 in my Elantra and they work great.

Reply to
Bain