A/T fubar

After over a week and $1800+ at Mr Transmission for a complete rebuild, I picked up my 2000 Accent. The car drove less than 5 miles before the transmission literally slammed into "safe" mode.

The onboard computer is not throwing any codes. They've replaced the TPS. Now they're talking about replacing the ECM.

Any guesses as to what could be causing the transmission to stay in safe mode?

Reply to
Screwtape III

If they can communicate with the transmission computer, and your transmission is in failsafe, then there should be some trouble codes. I'd demand they repair it, and if they can't, that they pay someone who can repair it to do so.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Make sure everything is grounded good. Had my trannie rebuilt last summer in my Elantra. It worked fine for a few days then went into the safe mode. Took it back to the guy that rebuilt it. He checked the codes, but the readouts were basically jibberish. Ended up that the ground cable from the battery was loose down underneath the car. I'm sure they had that loose when they removed my trannie, don't know whether they didn't get it tight in the first place or if it vibrated loose, but they fixed it and the car is working properly. It would sure be worth a look!

Rick SGF, Mo.

Reply to
Rick

Well, they are replacing the ECM today ($250) and they didn't charge me for the TPS. Hopefully this will resolve the problem.

Reply to
Screwtape III

It wasn't the ECM they replaced, it was the transmission computer ($250)

The car is shifting perfect now.

Reply to
Screwtape III