accent '00 lights

Is there any lik or guide how to connect lights on ACC. I want to lights to turn on when I start the engine, and turn of when it is turned off. Thing is that law is that lights must be on durnig the day, so it is pain to watch for them. Services wasn't helpful becouse they want to change whole electronic, and light wireing,what is ultra expensive. Any help?

Reply to
Vedran Grubac

is down right now, so I don't have a 2000 Accent schematic handy. I have a 1997 schematic, and I figure everything's probably pretty similar.

If you want headlamps only, it's pretty simple -- they only operate when the key is in the on position in the first place. You could either take out the head lamp relay and jumper the two terminals for the switching part of the relay. One will have power only when key is on, and the other will have continuity with the headlamp fuses and the headlamp bulbs. Be sure to do circuit testing with the headlamps unplugged to prevent backfeeding through ground.

For tail and parking lamps, it'd be significantly more complicated.

Reply to
hyundaitech

The 2000 headlamps do indeed work the same.

I was doing a little thinking about the parking lamps, and I think the easiest way would be to install a relay. The park lamp switch provides ground to the park lamp relay, which energizes the parking lamps. The ignition switch provides power only. So, I was thinking about this:

Wire a relay into the system. Wire the coil side to ground and an ignition only feed from the ignition switch. Wire the switch side to ground and to the grounding wire from the lamp switch. That way, the relay will perform the same function as the park lamp switch, and it will occur whenever the ignition switch is in the "on" position.

Reply to
hyundaitech