Blown Fuse???

Left work today and used the remote to unlock the doors on my 2005 Elantra, got in and lowered the windows and tilted up the sunroof. Upon arriving home I had to manually close the sunroof, the elctronic locks didn't work using the switch on the drivers side armrest, and I could not lock the doors with the remote, the windows did close using the switch. Is this all tied into one blown fuse or am I looking at a bigger problem. I have had the car exactly one year today.

Reply to
Smee

Fuse 15 in the passenger compartment fuse box feeds the sunroof controller and the door lock control module. Fuse 24 feeds the sunroof controller and the electronic time and alarm control module. It's plausible it could be either.

My primary suspicion in the matter would be a shorted door lock actuator causing the fuse to blow. If you find a blown fuse and replace it, you'll probably find that either unlocking or locking the doors with the switch (or remote) causes the fuse to blow.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks for your reply. I'll tell them when I bring it in for it's 12 month service later next week.

Reply to
Smee