Bosch Platinum Plugs

Anyone have the # for the plugs for a 2000 Accent?

Reply to
CBX2

PS - I axe this becuz Im too stupid and lazy to look online for mIself. Oh yeah, also becuz I have no real inner net provider.

Reply to
CBX2

I dont have the number, but, if you go into the auto parts store that sells them...they will look it up for you on thier computer. By the way, they DO make a difference. I put em in my 2002 SantaFe at 60,000 miles and got better acceleration and 1 mpg more . P.S. I used to have WebTV and it was alright for a few years..but i have to say it was THE most aggravating thing ive ever owned with the way it operated . Of course this Sony Laptop im on now, has been a big money pit after just 1.5 years with the hard drive going out at 14 months in addition to viruses that ive gotton. At least with Webtv , the viruses are caught and stopped at the Corporate Office with thier hi- teck software which is good. I did like the Webtv Discussion Groups however and made some good chat friends on those .

Reply to
ilbebauck

so you're webtv moron just like me? that's reassuring. there's several of them available ya dufus.

PLATINUM+4 PLATINUM+2 PLATINUM PLUS PLATINUM IR FUSION PLATINUM

Reply to
CBX2

I compare my webtv to my Dell desktop with Vista. I never use the computer. With the webtv I can sit on the couch with a cat on my lap and don't have to wear my glasses to see the TV (monitor). When I go on line it takes about one minute (usually). The computer takes forever to boot up, get on line and display my email. It might be better if I had a high speed connection.

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---

I wouldn't install the bosch platinums if I were you. I've done it twice, and both times, once in an elantra, and once in a sonata, the plugs failed within a few thousand miles. The electrode just burned away up into the ceramic. Engine starts to miss/light-fire and run like crap thanks to the outrageous spark gap, and it probably doesn't do the ignition system much good either.

I would suggest you get a set of NGK copper plugs and put those in there. Change every 36,000.

CHris

Reply to
Hal

I wouldn't install the bosch platinums if I were you. I've done it twice, and both times, once in an elantra, and once in a sonata, the plugs failed within a few thousand miles. The electrode just burned away up into the ceramic. Engine starts to miss/light-fire and run like crap thanks to the outrageous spark gap, and it probably doesn't do the ignition system much good either.

I would suggest you get a set of NGK copper plugs and put those in there. Change every 36,000.

That's an awful frequent change cycle for today's plugs.

Reply to
Mike Marlow