Engine Miss

2000 1800cc J2 Lantra. Under load occasionally the engine feels its running on 2 or 3 cylinders. One revs > 1500 rpm no problem. Gentle acceleration no problem. If it were a carby I,d say the fuel pump on carby was defunct but on fuel injection? Newish spark plug leads, new ignition coil a month or so back. Any one point me in right direction? Many thanks John
Reply to
John

Sounds like a classic secondary ignition issue. Recheck your spark plugs, wires, and coil. If your check engine lamp is coming on, check the codes. If the ECM recognizes the misfire, it'll tell you which cylinder is misfiring. If you don't find anything with a routine inspection, you can swap the spark plug in question with that in another cylinder to see if the misfire follows the plug.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks HT, ending up getting a new set of leads and plugs so we,ll see what happens. Wouldn,t have anything to do with a blocked fuel filter? There are no check engine lights on. Ta again John

Reply to
John

Probably not a fuel delivery issue. That would tend to be most prominent at high rpms.

Reply to
hyundaitech