Entourage Being Dropped

Hyundai has announced that they are going to drop their relatively slow-selling Entourage minivan, and return to their focus on cars like the Genesis and SUV's like the Santa Fe and Tucson.

Sales were slow, and anyone who wanted one could (and still can) easily get the virtually identical (and much more popular) Kia Sedona.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

Where did you see this? I've searched around, but all I can find is the dropping of the SE model, but not the entire line.

Matt

Reply to
Voyager

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

Thanks. I actually was thinking seriously about buying one as my local dealer has had 4 of them for months now and I've watched the prices come from nearly 26K down to less than 20K. I did stop by last week and it appears they finally did sell two of the four. However, I don't want to buy a vehicle during its last year as the dealership techs won't stay proficient on servicing it.

I know the Kia is identical, but the nearest Kia dealer is much farther away than the Hyundai dealer and I drive right by the Hyundai dealer every day going to work.

I guess I may have to buy my third Chrysler minivan even though I find the new ones to be quite ugly, particularly from the rear.

Matt

Reply to
Voyager

Glad I'm not the only one to realize how ugly those Chrysler vans are - hideous is a better word.

But I own the Sedona, and my nearest dealership is almost 40 miles away. I hardly ever need them (change my own oil, have a separate tire and alignment shop, etc.), and when I do, they are top-notch in understanding what they have to do to work with a customer who DOES live that far away.

Give the Sedona a second look. Beyond the Chrysler's ugliness is the fact that you have to spend thousands more and get tons of options you may not want to get the only desirable powertrain on the van (the new 4.0L DOHC, with the 6-speed automatic). With the Kia, that excellent powertrain is standard across the board, even in the base model, where I'm not sure all that is needed.

And if you believe in holding on to your vans awhile, right now Kia is trying to sell the last of their '08's, with almost ridiculous incentives - $5000 cash back, +$1200 and 0.0% financing for up to 60 with Kia Motors finance, and all that is on top of the best deal you can make (which is usually another $2000 off the sticker price). That has to be THE best value one can ever ask for.

Thanx for writ>> From Consumer Reports in their auto blog. But they don't give details in

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt