ESP OFF light on dash

Hi I own a 2006 3.3L Sonata. It's been a great car. I bought it new Just lately, my ESP OFF amber warning light has been illuminination, usually after a few minutes into the drive. Can I do anything to correct this? What could be going wrong. It is still in warranty until the end of January next year.

cheers and thanks for any help.

Nick

Reply to
nick

Have it scanned for codes.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

If it is still under warranty, take it to the dealer. It could be a sensor or computer going bad.

Given the complexity of the circuits, I doubt if you can do anything yourself unless you scan for codes first.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

nick ha pensato forte :

When ESP OFF comes on dashboard, check if brake lights do work, frequently brake pedal switch does not work properly. Cheers

Reply to
Geordie

Thanks for the replies. I noticed a new fault recently. The foot brake pedal will not switch off the cruise control when active. In fact, the engine revs up and tries to drive faster, exactly the opposite of what I want to achieve. I have to manually turn off the cruise control with the paddle switch or the cancel button. It was quite frightening at first. Does this additional information give more clues to the problem? I have the car booked-in shortly.

Reply to
nick

Been to the dealer and a new switch is required. Will be fitted under warranty soon. I don't know where the switch is.

Reply to
nick