Heated Seat Questions

'07 Sonata with heated seats. Once switched on, they remain in the "on" position even if you shut the car off and later re-start it. Is than normal? they also operate when the engine is not running as long as the ignition switch is in the "on" position. Just curious as my Buick did not do that and the seat had to be switched back on, just like the rear defroster.

There is an advantage to this though. I have a remote starter so in the very cold weather, I can set the seat to "on" before leaving the car and it will heat up for me the next morning.

This is my first car with a remote starter. I have no idea why I waited so long to get one. This winter will be much more comfortable than the last 45 that I have been driving. The downside is that I have to listen to my wife bitch that her car does not have one. I guess I'd better rectify that situation.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:NNJ9h.6275$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.net:

I have an '07 Entourage with the heated seats. I swear it feels like my a@@ is going to burn off when the wife has them cranked up!! The Entourage had a dial with a setting of "0" to "5". I have not tested it to see if it works with the engine off (ign. in the "on" position), but using the analog dial, it is always on when the car is on unless you turn it to "0".

As for the remote starter, I've had 3 vehicles with them, and I really enjoyed them at the time, but since I purchased a house with a 2-car garage, I found myself never using it. It really does seem to waste a ton of fuel, but I never really did a scientific study to see if that was really the case.

My garage is not heated, but it stays warm enough on most days that the starter is a bit redundant for me. At work I am far enough from my car that I can't remote start it anyway.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

0 to 5? All I have is Off or On. Sufficient though, as once the seat is heated I turn it off for the rest of the trip. Even in the coldest of winters I don't normally leave it on for long.

My garage is now a workshop so the car sits out. In winter, I'd sometimes run out and start the car and let it run. I'd lose about 1 to 1.5 mpg with the added fuel use. I can easily start my car at work since it is parked about 100 feet from my office, only 3 feet from the building. Range is supposed to be 1/8 mile but I've not tried it very far yet.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

My 2004 Santa Fe LX does that.

It also automatically activates the defrost mode when it is first started regardless of how I left the settings before. I think it says in the manual that this is normal.

Reply to
BETA-2

Just picked up our 2007 Sonata last night. When we tried the heated seats, only the seat bottom seems to warm. Does the seat back warm at some point in the lumbar area? Or do we own a very expensive "bunn warmer"? Thanks

Reply to
bigmack

Reply to
Barry

HMA Service web site shows an element in the seat back. You can hardly feel it with a jacket on though.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

In most of those "seat heaters," they do put an element in the seat back. But more times than not, since heat rises, that element does little more than try to warm the headrest.

I have only sat on a seat with one of those once or twice. But on cold mornings, they have made a difference, if only from the buns up.

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt