Hey Hyundaitech!!

Wanted to catch your attention so I started a new thread. Did you see the reponse I posted regarding the engine whine?? Is this a logical explanation. My dealer told me that was what Hyundai Engineers said but I wanted to make sure they were being straight up with me.

Thanks

The answer they got was that Hyundai knows of the engine whine and that it is a deign flaw with the Variable Intake Manifold

Reply to
wolfcub27540

Yes, I saw that. The explanation is plausible, but I've never heard such a noise on an '06 Sonata. I have heard noises for similar reasons on other cars, however.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I have received several phone calls from Hyundai and have actually been encouraged to look into filing Lemon Law papers for Hyundai to re-purchase my car or to go through thier AUOTLINE Arbitration procedure. What amazes me is that I have never said that I wanted to have them re-purchase my car. I do like my vehicle but the engine whine whihc has been diagnosed as a design flaw with the intake manifold is something that I was hoping Hyundai would at least make an attempt to fix. I ahve requested numerous times that they give my dealership authroity to try some things to fix it b/.c they refuse to do anymore until they receive approval from Hyundai. However, instead of working with me the consumer which I am willing to do they are pushing me to enter arbitration to get tehm to buy back the car. Just amazing!!!

Reply to
wolfcub27540

what car and what engine...

Reply to
Dumbass

It may be that the design flaw is not readily corrected and the easiest way to make you happy is to buy back your car. I don't understand why they would want you to do this via the above procedure rather than just make you an offer, unless there is some advantage to them to using the arbitration procedure - unless they expect you to lose in arbitration, which then may prevent you from suing them later. I'd be sure to read the fine print of arbitration VERY carefully before taking this route.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting