How has your Hyundai Accent worked out for you ? Im seriously considering a new one.

I can go with auto or manual transmission...doesnt matter much to me. Looking for reliability and good gas mileage primarily. Please tell me how you like yours. Thanks.

Reply to
ilbebauck

I'd like to know too. I posted the same question a few months back and didn't get nary a response. I'm torn between the Accent and Kia Rio.

Reply to
J I M B O

For only a few bucks more, consider the Elantra. Much more car for the money, IMO. Reliable too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ok, ill consider the Elantra too . Would like to hear from some Accent owners too however.

Reply to
ilbebauck

Check if the engine has a timing chain or belt, if it has a belt avoid like the plague !

Ok, ill consider the Elantra too . Would like to hear from some Accent owners too however.

Reply to
Striker

Have an '02 Accent L 1.5L 5-spd. Consistent 40MPG (maybe 35 on city streets). No frills. I love the car.

Liked it so much, I bought an '04 5-spd 1.6L. Bit more ooomph and almost as good MPG. Just as much fun to drive as the '02.

Neither has been back to the dealer and most maintenance has been easy to handle and parts available thru any parts house.

Keeping my eye out for a third as a spare. LOL

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

.

Now is the time to buy the Elantra. The new model is to be coming out soon and they're heavily rebated. If you're okay with waiting, expect the same on the Accent a little down the road as a new Accent is in the works too.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I have an '02 Accent L manual trans with 146k miles. I only had one expensive repair to replace a bad gasket that caused a major oil leak. I think I have maybe spent a total $600 on repairs. It's probably the best car I have ever owned.

I had an '06 Elantra 5 door manual trans. I sold it with 35k miles on it. It never caused me any problems whatsoever. I loved that car and hated to get rid of it.

Reply to
Mooron

Mooron wrote in news:123e5d7f-3d57-4050-acec-a32f0678de11 @o14g2000yqe.googlegroups.com:

Please tell

$600 on

miles on

and

I have an 06 Accent, 4 door, auto, GLS, 89,000 km. Overall pleased. A couple of warranty items fixed no problem.

Not the greatest highway car (noise)and a bit underpowered, but cruises fine at 120 km.

Fine in the snow (I do have snow tires.)

Probably buy the Elantra when I`m done with the Accent. More space, more power.

Reply to
Chuck