Hyundai speedometer

I sold my 2000 elantra to my niece last month and already she is having problems. The check engine light comes on steady and now the speedomoter does not work. She tells me that she got the oil changed last month and they told her that she may have transmission problems. she thought that they were just trying to sell her something that she did not need. This car is 6 years old and had less than 50k on it. Any ideas? has anybody experienced this before?

Best regards, snipped-for-privacy@booomail.com snipped-for-privacy@bankarea.com

macie.anadio

The speedometer cable is probably broken.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Some auto stores will read codes from free. Autozone is one. I would guess it's a O2 sensor?

As for the speedomoter it may be the speedomoter or the speed sensor?

I wonder why they told her why she needs a transmission? I would at this age and milage have the filter and fluid changed if it has not been done. Check the owners manual and see what it says. If it say

100K miles or never do it anyways. Most oil break down, get c> I sold my 2000 elantra to my niece last month and already she is having > problems.
Reply to
kjones1200