Hyunditech - 30,000 mile Check-up

To HT's point... they can make more money by charging for it and not doing it, since there's no point to doing it.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

"One of the additional items listed in your manual to be done at 30k (I believe) is to replace the canister air filter."

I saw this in the manual as well. Is this something you normally have done on the 30k? I'm inclined to have it done seeing it's in the manual but I thought some mentioned there really wasn't a need.

Paul

Reply to
paulgyro

I've never known any dealer to do this as regular maintenance. As I said above, the possible complications are a check engine lamp and/or difficulty filling the fuel tank.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Something they did really affected performance. Perhaps the air or fuel filters were clogged? The difference was pretty dramatic.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

Maybe they put more air in the tires.

Reply to
hyundaitech

"Cleaning and regapping? I would hope they would just replace them if they went through the trouble of pulling them out. Probably cheaper than paying labor for "cleaning."

Probably at most dealers Ed. I've never priced plugs from my dealer but I'd venture a guess compared to everything else that the plugs are 25 follars apiece or more.

Reply to
What