Is anyone else driving a 2012 Accent , and, give us a rundown.

I examined the new Chevy Sonic which is in the same price range as the Accent . Havent driven the Sonic yet, but test driving the Accent was simply delightful. Wonderfully engineered .

How is yours performing thus far ? How many miles have you got on it and does it still satisfy you alot ? Thanks.

Reply to
ilbebauck

I rented one a few weeks ago for a 1000 mile trip to south Texas. It was a hatchback. It averaged 36 mpg at 80 mph. The only power was steering and brakes. Manual windows, seats, no cruise, no power doorlocks, no remote, no auto lights. Auto trans. A/C worked well. Comfortable, ergonomic, very good stereo. It had an annoying vibration at 105 mph though and I was afraid to go faster. It probably would have topped out at 108-110. It was a great little car but probably more suited for around town instead of the south Texas wide open spaces.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

The mpg were great at 80 mph. Was it a 2012 having the 6 speed auto trans ? Do u remember the rpms at 80 mph in 6th ? Was there alot of engine noise at 80 mph ? How about wind noise ? Have you driven a 2012 compact car that you liked FAR better ? Thanks.

Reply to
ilbebauck

I've been renting a vehicle about every three weeks for several days at a time. I can't say that I liked any of the small cars any better or worse than the Accent. I did not much care for the Versa though. _ALL_ require ear plugs when going over 30 mph due to road noise. Those cars don't have the insulation that a larger car does. Wind noise was acceptable. It was tire noise going through the structure of the car that is terrible. IMO, the Accent is for around town not for highway use. It did have an auto trans with lots of speeds. I don't remember how many speeds or rpm, sorry. Last week I rented a 2012 Ford Focus hatchback. It was comfortable and got 42.9 mpg average, avg speed about 70 mph. However, it was underpowered and the trans was terrible. I won't rent one of those again. Terrible car.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

I had a 2006 Corvette which i substantially quieted down on the road noise by adding matted insulation behind the plastic wheel well covers. There was about 3/4" space behind each so i packed the cavity full of this insulation and it made a big diffrerence. Maybe it is possible to do on some of these cheaper compact cars too., providing they have wheel well covers. I think alot of it has to do with the tires as well --- I find a huge difference between standard factory tires they put on and Michelins highway tire . So far ive found the 2012 Accent to be the best all round buy out of all the compact cars , and of course the 10/100,000 warranty is a big consideration . One thing i found with the 2012 Accent was its superb acceleration with the new direct fired engine technology . That, plus the enormous leg room for people over 6'2" .

Reply to
ilbebauck

I really like my 2006 Kia Spectra. I do all my own work on it and it is by far the easiest car to work on that I have ever worked on. Nothing has gone wrong so far. It has only required the usual maintenance. I wish it got better mileage though. It averages 26 mpg. Four speed auto. My next car will most likely be a Kia / Hyundai.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Jeesh. I know what you mean. I hate cars that vibrate every time I drive more than 105 MPH. I can't stand this vibration on the California freeways any more than I'd hate it when going 105 mph on New York City streets. If this were my car, I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Steinfeld