Kayak carrier for 2007 Tucson with factory crossbars

I've been trying to find a kayak carrying kit for my new 2007 Tucson with factory crossbars.

Yakima and Thule are not compatible with the new crossbars which are fairly wide and oval and have a slight downward arc. Thule said something must have changed with the 2007 because their equipment was compatible up until this year.

I looked at a Bass Pro foam kit, but the foam cutouts were way too small for my bars.

There is a Hyundai kayak carrier, but if you look at the picture of the crossbars in the ad, they're very small. I don't know if it's actually compatible with the 2007 Tucson.

Has anyone found and used a kayak solution for a 2007 Tucson with factory crossbars?

Reply to
verylargearray

If the foam blocks have holes too small a bandsaw and/or sander will reconfigure. If you are willing to live with foam blocks on the bars look for somebody that can sell you a chunk of minicell foam and cut out your own.

Reply to
nothermark