Keys locked in 07 Sante Fe?

Just locked both sets of keys in my vehicle.

As I am 300 miles away from home, is anyone aware of a procedure to either gain entry or work with a dealer on a Sat to have another key made?

bobmct

jp103

Call the Hyundai road service. The number is on the back door window. Give them the vin number that you can read thru the windshield.

Reply to
Partner

Wouldn't a locksmith's Slim Jim work, and just retrieve the keys once the door is opened?

Reply to
mack

Used to be a slim jim could open any door in seconds. Now, with doors housing power mirrors, windows, door locks, some have seat controls, climate controls, speakers and a bunch of other stuff, it is slim pickin's for them.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

How did you lock both sets in the same vehicle? Are you sure you are competent to drive? I think we may be doing a public service not helping you get back into your vehicle! :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Won't do you any good right now but I carry a regular metal key in my wallet. The alarm system will complain but the door opens.

;-)

Reply to
nothermark

On 29 Aug 2007 17:05:02 -0500, nothermark posted:

Hey! Great tip! Thanks!

Reply to
Oleg Lego