Ping Hyundaitech RE: 06-07 Sonata K-Thunk

HT,

Per your request, here is a part number for replacement shocks that

*allegedly* resolve the K-Thunk:

55311-3K051

The shocks plus brackets allegedly solved the K-Thunk for one customer. Does this sound legitimate?

Thanks,,, -

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Haven't looked in the parts catalog to see whether that's the original number or a replacement. If the shocks on each side are the same, it's certainly believable.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Here's a kit number another customer was given:

kit# 00305-55311 -

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Now 2 owners are reporting there is a "recall" (their words) in it that will replace rear struts and brackets. I would think a TSB rather than a recall, but what do I know. -

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Reply to
PMDR

Apparently my dealer service people read this newsgroup... they knew what I was going to ask before I asked it. Hummmm

So they can correct me if I am wr> Headed back to my dealer in the morning for a replacement part. I

Reply to
PMDR

Dealers are usually required to notify customers about TSB's when they bring their car in for any service. So they will probably not ask you about your 2006.

However, it appears that the dealers will apply the TSB to the 2006's if the customer requests it. That's what I'm hearing, and my dealer is supposed to do the TSB on my '06... if I ever have time to bring it in. -

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins