POLL: How long do you think the 10 year Warranty will last?

Reply to
NotBloodyLikely

Regarding whether I'd dismiss a Toyota simply because its warranty is below industry average, absolutely. On the off chance that the Toyota transmission falls out of the vehicle in 5.5 years, is the Toyota name going to fix it? No, and there is no warranty to remedy the situation. On the slightly better chance that the Mitsubishi transmission fails around 9.5 years, will the Mitsubishi name fix it? No, but the 10-year warranty will.

I understand how you look at it, Matt, but I'd prefer to have a warranty c> The highest quality cars (Toyota) have fairly short warranties. Also

Reply to
NotBloodyLikely

One of the main reasons we bought a new Santa Fe was the warranty. I figure if Ford, GM and Chrysler. Toyota and Honda don't have enough faith in their product to warrant it the same as Hyundai, why should I have any faith in it.

rik

Toyota and Honda have faith in their own products. Their prices are higher and their warranties shorter because they can get away with it. They can get away with it because demand for their cars is high. You just helped the demand go down a little, so good for you!

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Chevy fits into that too then?

Reply to