Power Seat

Wife just called saying front power seat on our 2007 Santa Fe, would only go forward. She was trying to move it back and it wouldn't go. So she moved it forward a little bit thinking who knows what. Anyway, it will not move backward and now she is in a very uncomfortable driving position. She hasn't yet checked to see if anything might be blocking it, but I don't think there is anything back there that could be blocking it.

Any ideas? We are 80 miles from nearest dealer.

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
jim

Keeping in step with my ability to misunderstand what my wife is telling me, I must amend what I stated below.

The problem is with the back part of the driver's seat. She was attempting to position it back a little, and it would not go. So she moved it a little forward thinking something might be stuck. Well now, she has the back of the seat all the way forward. Now that really seems uncomfortable.

Any ideas?

Jim

Reply to
jim

Daughter's 06 Azera had the same problem - faulty switch. She did have memory seats which returned it to set position. Afraid it may be a trip to the dealer:(

Good luck, John

Reply to
jp103

I'll second the faulty switch nomination.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Thanks folks. Have appt for tomorrow afternoon.

Jim

Reply to
jim