Power seat problem: Park Ave 95 Ultra)

Does anyone here have access to a schematic for the power seat controls for a 95 Park Ave Ultra? The "lean" control for the seat back doesn't work and I need to know where to start looking.

Clues:

  1. There is definitely power to the seat, since you can feel the seat back try to move when the switch is pushed forward. It's as if it's as far forward as it can go. No action such indications when switched backward.

  1. Passenger seat acts exactly the same way.

  2. The drivers side doors were recently worked on at the body shop. They don't want to believe they did it, of course. So the real question is does the seat lean control go through the driver's side controls on the armrest, since they obviously had that apart.

TIA

Ed

Reply to
Jag Man

I'd check that the wire harness going to the recliner switch is connected properly.

Seeing you " JUST " had work done to the doors, therin may be the problem.

Good Luck.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 028 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Thanks. Where is that harness? Does it connect in the door? I can't understand why they would have been fooling around with the seat.

Ed

Reply to
Jag Man

I assume your power seat , recline & window switches are on your door panel or forward part of the armrest.

The panel the switches are in probably screws into or snaps into the door panel somehow. You need to remove it then you'll see all the wire connectors on the bottoms of the switches. Possibly the one for the recline isn't on all the way or it came unplugged altogether.

Good Luck.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 028 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

The funny thing is, on this model most of the seat controls are on the armrest. The only two that are not are the recline and the seat warmer. These are on the side of the seat cushion base. Nonetheless, I believe you are right.

I just got back frim dropping the car off at the body shop, so we will soon know. They could not deny the door rattle was their fault, and promised to look at the seat controls while in there.

BTW, noticing all the miles on your 3.8 I was wondering how your oil pan and valve cover gaskets have held up. Mine are leaking a bit at only 87000.

thanks again.

Ed

Reply to
Jag Man