Programming instructions for FOBs?

Hey guys, has anyone come across programming instructions for FOBs? Both of mine for my 02 Sonata GLS are being held together by rubber bands and it seems you can get cheap replacements on eBay. Google seems to be turning up nothing. Any tips?

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

"Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

From what I read on the Internet, it can be done at the dealer, or as many sites recommend, a reputable locksmith can also do it. They say a locksmith can be MUCH less expensive.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

That,s the remote ?. I tried to replace my 2002 Sonata,s one and the local electronics retailer sold them but they are not "walking code" types and cant be used. Earlier types put out a fixed code but a walking code type changes the " codeword" every time you use it. More secure but it means back to Hyundai or Mazda or whoever.

Reply to
John

I looked into this a couple of years ago when I needed to replace the fobs for my Elantra. Turned out it was so expensive to have it done by the dealer (and not practical to do myself) that I decided to buy a better quality alarm system from a local shop which will replace the fobs in the future for $20 ea.

Hey guys, has anyone come across programming instructions for FOBs? Both of mine for my 02 Sonata GLS are being held together by rubber bands and it seems you can get cheap replacements on eBay. Google seems to be turning up nothing. Any tips?

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Reply to
Victek

I've never used my factory fobs. I had a remote starter installed and fobs came with it. Cheap and easy to replace if ever needed.

Love that remote in extreme temperatures (hot or cold)

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yes, I've seen the dealership ones but I oft wonder if the dealer just has spare shells and puts your old one in a new shell and charges you $150 for the job. Some of these sellers on eBay include programming instructions which, I would imagine, is not some Top Secret method of doing it.

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP)

I guess that is an option.

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP)

Yes, Chicago winters can be brutal.

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP)

A quick search of the Interweb found this page with very detailed and clear instructions for many models:

LakeGator

On Jul 15, 4:20 pm, "Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP)" wrote: I was just in my dealer today and the parts dept. sell a soft plastic case that you can put you FOB in that would hold it together Comes in a number of colors and styles/# buttons. Pretty neat, I might get one myself.

Hey guys, has anyone come across programming instructions for FOBs? Both of mine for my 02 Sonata GLS are being held together by rubber bands and it seems you can get cheap replacements on eBay. Google seems to be turning up nothing. Any tips?

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP].html

Reply to
Partner

Cool, thanks for that info!

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Nice. There's a dealer a short distance from where I am at. I can always call and ask. Thanks for the info.

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]