Re: GLOBAL WARMING: Gore & Other Nervous Nellies Got Ya Scared? RELAX!

_________________________________

> > In some minds, profanity trumps logic.

LOL. When someone is incapable of arguing intelligently, or when they are losing an argument, it is common for them to resort to profanity. And you are right. They use it as a "trump" card.

I try not to read those posts because they do not contribute anything significant to the issue being discussed (although they can be quite humorous at times) and they are a waste of my already limited time.

To chime in on the "global warming" issue, it is my belief that the Earth's temperatures and weather patterns are cyclical. I also believe they can be only mildly and temporarily affected by catastrophic events such as large volcanic eruptions or global thermonuclear war. With that said, we may have an issue with the variable physical size and temperature of the Sun. Regardless, global temperatures were not set by man and they cannot be changed by man. Al Gore is nothing more than a doomsday prophet.

Steve

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Al Gore said over the weekend that global warming is more serious than terrorism. Unless the terrorist is on your plane, then that extra half a degree doesn't bother you so much." --Jay Leno

Reply to
steve

More like a man with masses of data to back him up.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff