Re: Leased Genesis return

My 2010 Genesis lease is up next month and I hope to return it with minimum,

>or hopefully no, hassles and no additional charges. I have replaced the >tires (at 21,00 miles) and the battery. There are unresolved electrical >problems with this car. > >Anybody out there with experience and advice? I would really appreciate >your counsel. > >Thanks!

You may want to check again the terms of the lease. Usually, it is pretty simple. Dealer does a check of the car for physical damage to the glass and paint, you turn over the keys and you are on your way.

The inspection can be done at your home or office too.

Check out info here

Note that there is a printable tool so you can check for dings and see if they are chargeable or not. 1/4" paint chips are OK.

Also, note that 1/8" tread left is OK too.

Good luck, I hope at least this goes smooth for you. As for the electrical problems, if the dealer could not find then, they do not exist and you are off the hook.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It is evident you got a lemon. I've not heard of anyone that had the number of problems you had in a long time. What the dealer should have done was taken back your car and replaced it with an identical one.

I understand your frustration as I had similar, but not nearly as bad problems with a Buick. I won't touch a GM car again. I got fed up with the car, gave it away (yes gave, not sold) and now I'm on my third Hyundai.

Be sure to let us know how you ended the deal and what you got to replace it with.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

To be fair, it's not the dealer's responsibility to take the car back and absorb the loss; that's Hyundai's responsibility. Not sure what the law and policy are in the particular locale, but nearly every state has some sort of lemon law.

It /is/ the dealer's responsibility to cheerfully accept the car for service and fix any defects within the warranty period.

Reply to
hyundaitech

absorb the loss; that's Hyundai's responsibility. Not sure what the law and policy are in the particular locale, but nearly every state has some sort of lemon law.

and fix any defects within the warranty period.

OK, not the dealer, but things should be made right between the dealer and the manufacturer. The dealer is the first contact with these matters. . If the dealer cannot fix the problems, they should intercede with Hyundai and make things right for the customer. They did not. A factory rep did not show up either.

We only heard one side of the story, but it sounds like the dealer is possibly of shady reputation when dealing with customers. I really would have like to have seen the tires that the dealer said must be replaced. Most any tire today would be in OK condition with 25k of normal use, but I'm sure it does happen that they wear faster.

If the car is under warranty, the dealer has nothing to lose to make a happy customer with no expense to the customer and minimal hassle.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The first time you posted here, I though you were whining. Turns out, you got a car with problems and a dealer that does not give a damn about customers.

Hope the Lexus works out better for you.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Sounds like the Lexus /dealer/ is working out better for him.

Reply to
hyundaitech