My hyundai dents easily

I am leasing a Hyundai Elantra. and am finding this vehicle dents very easily. When I went to the dealer for an oil change the attendant discovered a ping on my door panel which she brought to my attention and made note of it. I'm thinking they will make a big deal out of this when I surrender my vehicle in December of 2015? Prior to my first ding, I was tapped on the back fender while parked which led to having the fender repaired. Since then I have discovered a small dent on the fin decoration on my door panel and two dimples below which appear to be made from a shopping cart. None of the dents seem to have scraped the paint but eventually will have to be addressed. I just love this car but am very unhappy with the quality of the body itself. It seems to me it doesn't take much to create dents and scratches on this vehicle. Must be keeping the "body work" department very busy???

Reply to
June Lampassi

All cars today ding fairly easily. I imaging the lower priced cars use thinner materials than the high prices ones too.

As for the lease and your concerns, on the

web site there is information about turning in your leased car. It explains what is acceptable as normal wear and tear and what is not.

I take precautions to avoid dings by parking away from the crowds, shopping carts. Last car I traded had 62,000 miles and not a scratch or ding. Dealer was impressed and kept that on his lot to sell.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Most cars nowadays dent very easily. All parts are thinner, smaller, and lighter than yesteryear. Mostly due to government imposed CAFE standards. Lighter means better fuel mileage. When the 50 mpg CAFE standards go into effect we will be driving aluminum foil with 24 air bags. A small ding will destroy the car.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Well the cars are certainly heavier these days than the ones I had during the 70s. I couldn't believe that my smallish Passat wagon weighs 200 lbs shy of two tons. I'm convinced that it's being used to smuggle gold into this country.

Reply to
dsi1