rear light problem

Sometimes my rear light works and sometimes not. When they don't work, I have no light in my dash (control) and no parking light too.

can you help me please?

Reply to
Breaker

Perhaps these are on the same circuit. The first thing I'd do is check the fuse(s). Pull them out and reinstall them a couple of times to ensure that they make good contact. If that doesn't help, try pulling the plugs off the back of the fuse panel and reinstalling them. Intermittent electrical problems are generally just due to bad connections.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Brian's on the right track. The interior illumination lamps are on the same circuit as either the left or right outside lamps, depending on your year and model car. All of them being out means that there's a problem with the power delivery to the entire circuit.

Reply to
hyundaitech

One thing I forgot to mention is to check the ground connections. That's a very common source of this type of problem, as grounds attached to the car body are prone to oxidation over time.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Ground contacts aren't a likely culprit in this instance because the interior and exterior lamps ground in different places, but they are a source of many electrical problems, especially in rust belt areas.

Reply to
hyundaitech

hyundaitech helped me on this one. I had the same problem, my dimmer switch for dashlight brightness didn't work either. My flood lights up front were affected too. It turned out to be a relay. The relay switch on my 1998 Elantra was located under the hood. That's my story.

Reply to
GP

Good point. The problem must be on the power side.

Yeah, tell me about it. ;-)

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Thanks a lot !!!

My daylight doesn't work to. But I did some tests and when I play with my handBrake, and after I put my lights on, it's work.

How many sensor(about these lights) does the car have?

-HandBrake Switch (maybe inside the car) ?

-Relay Switch under the hood ? and others one??

Thanks

Reply to
Breaker