Routine maint and Hyundai warranty Q?

I've recently purchased TWO 2007 Santa Fe's and I've had both in for their initial service (not at the same time). According to the work order they only performed routine LOF and fluid check services. However, each service took them 1 1/2 HOURS!

My prior vehicles I've been using a local VIOC (Valvoline) which provided the same services, kept a good documented record of services, used quality products and performed them in about 15 minutes.

So, my question is... (Hyundaitech) are there any services that the Hyundai warranty requires to be performed by the dealer to maintain the warranty?

It's not the cost. Its the length of time that is the problem (not to mention the inconvenient location of the dealership).

Your technical opinion will be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
bobmct

Have you read the service manual with the schedule? (or logged in on the hyundaiusa.com web page) If the dealer actually checked everything on the list, it could take a little time but I don't see 90 minutes here. Were you in the waiting area for that time or was the car actually in the service bay for that time? . If the dealer did much more that what is listed, he just hosed you. Unfortunately, most dealers will hose you for routine service.

If you liked this service bill, wait for the 15,00 mile and be sure to bring some KY with you.

Service does NOT have to be performed by the dealer.

Replace

- ENGINE OIL AND FILTER

If necessary

- FUEL LINES, FUEL HOSES AND CONNECTIONS - VAPOR HOSE AND FUEL FILLER CAP

General Items

Replace

If necessary

- SUSPENSION MOUNTING BOLTS - STEERING GEAR BOX, LINKAGE AND BOOTS/LOWER ARM BALL JOINT/ - UPPER ARM BALL JOINT

- COOLANT: FOR THE FIRST TIME, REPLACE THE COOLANT AT

60,000 MILES (96,000 KM) OR 60 MONTHS, AFTER THAT, REPLACE IT EVEY 30,000 MILES (48,000) OR 24 MONTHS. - AIR FILTER (For Evaporator and blower Unit): FOR EVERY 12 MONTHS OR 10,000 MILES (15,000 KM)

begin 666 bu_tri01.gif L1TE&.#EA`@`#`( !`````/___R'Y! $```$`+ `````"``,```(#1(!1`#L` ` end

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hyundai cannot legally require you to use the dealer for maintenance. Your warranty is in force no matter where you have the maintenance performed, as long as the required items are done properly.

Keep in mind that your warranty does not cover things caused by faulty workmanship on the part of the repair facility and will of course will not cover defects on non-Hyundai parts.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech