Shakey Engine

My wife has a 1999 Tiburon with 154K miles. All of a sudden the engine started to shake violently while stopped at a light or stop sign. Also from 0 to 20 MPH the shaking continues. Check Engine light has come on as well. After we get up above 20MPH the shaking is not as bad. Is this a transmission issue?

Reply to
Franco26

O2 sensor would be my best guess or whatever passes for an idle air controller.

Reply to
James

Reply to
Jody

Scanning it is a good idea to find out why the lamp is on. It's probably related but possibly not.

Based on the way you describe the shaking, it sounds like a misfire. You may want to check your plugs, wires, and coil.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks for all the input guys. Hopefuly it will not be too expensive.

Reply to
Franco26