Sonata 2004 4cyl auto - Can't locate PCM for testing

Hello,

Like the header says, I can't locate the PCM to continue with required testing. The car is a 2004 Sonata (EF) with a G 2.4 DOHC engine and auto transmission with 108K miles.

My problem is at the moment that I have a P0350 error code. The car is missing badly. I have replaced one bad coil, and the spark plugs. The problem went away 100% for about ten miles on the test drive.

I have followed the trouble shooting sections I found at

All tests good until I reach the point that I must test the wiringfrom the coil connectors to the PCM connector. I am by no means an auto mechanic but have a multi meter and access to borrow some auto test equipment. I could go into more details of how I reached this point, but don't want to take your time until I reach a dead end.

Thanks in advance, Darrell

Spelling, grammar, and punctuation checked by a California public school graduate. Don't expect too much.

Reply to
Hey D

Hey, Darrell. The PCM is under the heater box. You can access the connectors by removing the trim beside the accelerator pedal.

For reference, the ETM section of the service manual at

has excellent pictures. In this case, you'd go to the ETM for your car and select the MFI system. Once the schematic comes up, click on one of the blue connector numbers at the PCM. I chose C94-1 at the bottom right of the first page. Then, a window opens with the connector pin number confitguration. In this new window, click on the "component" link at the top of the window, and you'll see a picture of the PCM and the connectors.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech