2006 Sonata Rear brake failure

2006 Sonata brake failure.

My 06 Sonata had the drivers side rear brake pads completely worn out at 38,000 miles. The passenger side pads are OK on the rear. Any thoughts on this problem. Caliper seems to work fine and E-brake is not hung up? Also the rotor was torn up pretty bad from the pads ?????

Reply to
birddad

I'd still suspect the caliper. The E brake is a drum setup and should not affect the pads at all.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

How'd the backing plates of the old pads look? Were they rusty? Most premature rear pad failures I've seen on Hyundais with rear brake systems similar to yours are due to the pads binding in the caliper bracked due to rust. I had one last week where I actually pulled the wheel and removed the caliper from the bracket, but the pads were seized enough in the bracket they were still applying pressure to the rotor.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Worn out pads do not constitute a brake failure.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting