Sonata Coolant Change

Anyone know what the proper procedure for doing a coolant change on a 2006 Sonata is? "Draining" the coolant as instructed in the manual results in about 2 1/2 quarts making it out of the system - basically, the radiator, and the hoses. The rest of the coolant - about 6 quarts - the lower part of the engine, and heater core, etc. Is there a drain plug on the engine somewhere to really do the job that's not mentioned?

Reply to
Bob

There's a couple plugs on the (V6) engine block that are hard to get to and that I've never been able to remove when properly tightened. I don't recommend trying to remove them. They were so tight I was afraid of breaking something. Draining the radiator was really all that was implied in changing the coolant, which has a prescribed interval of 5 years on this vehicle.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

I have always installed one of those prestone flush 'n fill kits on all of my cars, to help get rid of the old coolant without going to extreme methods. They are inexpensive, easy to install, and I think it has to be better than leaving all that old coolant with it's worn-out corrosion inhibitors in the engine block and the heater core.

down to the bottom of the page.) hth, me

Reply to
jusme