Timing Belt and Radio change sucessful - thanks !

I changed the timing belt, put synthetic gear oil in the manual transmission, and changed out the radio this weekend. All were fairly simple and the online shop manual was a great resource. (thanks Hyundaitech)

I would reccomend the timing belt as a DIYer job. It was pretty easy as that sort of thing goes. It was actually more effort fitting up the new radio. Changing the trans oil wouldnt have been a big deal if my suction gun hadnt decided to leak from both ends in the middle of the job. I should have covered the floor with cardboard first.

Next job, fitting up the AC kit !!!! (gonna put that one off for a bit)

thanks All

Reply to
Dave

What model and year of car did you just change the timing belt in?

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

It was a 2003 accent that I bought with 90k.

I decided to change the timing belt just to be safe, since i had no service records on the car.

Reply to
Dave